Fiat Coupe Club UK

1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car

Posted By: Anonymous

1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 13:40

guys

I'm going to have to consider breaking this car. A complete travesty but needs must

Does anyone want to make me a sensible offer?

Link to advert

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 13:54

Dont Break it!, its a beautiful example. someone must have it. advertise elsewhere too, pistonheads/fleabay..

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 14:57

I know she is-but I need the cash and nothing seems to be happening
Posted By: RusH

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 16:59

I agree - don't break it. Looks like a lovely example. Look to include as much details as you can with regards to the advert. If you can hold out - if its as straight as it looks someone will be along and snap it up!

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 17:29

believe me she is

She may be 11 years old but she genuinely does not look it

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 17:51

Are there costs incurred to bring a car back to the Mainland as in registering fees, an inspection etc? If there are, maybe thats putting people off a tad?

If there are costs and protocols involved maybe research what they are and put them in your post to help prospective buyers. I'd love to look at your coop because I can't find anything half decent over here yet, but I can only assume it would be costly to get the car back to Blighty.

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard - 21/10/2010 17:56

it would be quite cheap to fly into Belfast international airport via easyjet where I had intended to pick up the last guy who had e

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 18:01

Originally Posted By: t_mill
Are there costs incurred to bring a car back to the Mainland as in registering fees, an inspection etc? If there are, maybe thats putting people off a tad?

If there are costs and protocols involved maybe research what they are and put them in your post to help prospective buyers. I'd love to look at your coop because I can't find anything half decent over here yet, but I can only assume it would be costly to get the car back to Blighty.

look no further than this > http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1111971#Post1111971

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 18:33

I had long chats with GK over my dad buying this car. Unfortunately my dad couldn't justify it with a recession, the government nicking cash left right and centre and garages full of cars already.

GK seems a top bloke thumb, the photos of his car look amazing rotate and it has a good receipted service history readit . Not a single stone chip on an 11 year old car!!!!! bow

If I could in any way afford 3 coupe's this is THE ONE I would have yes .

To me it seems pretty much the best car for sale at the moment!!!

The only cost is flying there, petrol and a ferry back. cool No more than £250.

GK I would be surprised if you would make alot breaking it, what with the low prices coupe's and coupe parts are fetching. Especially with the higher postage charges to england.

Don't break it shocked shocked shocked , its too good for that!!

£2,000 and it should sell like a hot cake! lick

soapbox Unfortunately people still make the mistake of buying on price not condition. crazy rolleyes banghead loser nono

Good Luck GK wave

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 19:11

I have viewed yours on p/heads and it does look ace. Its the mods that concern me though which is why I want a bog standard coop. 220bhp is more than enough for me!

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 19:13

it's not mine but i know the car and it's owner. it may be higher power than you're looking for but it's up to you how fast you take it laugh

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard - 21/10/2010 19:13

Are there any costs in registering the car over here though? at the very least I'm looking at plane fare and cost of the ferry to get back.

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 19:16

Originally Posted By: proccy
it's not mine but i know the car and it's owner. it may be higher power than you're looking for but it's up to you how fast you take it laugh

Aye tis true, but I've no idea how fast the current owner has been taking it! laugh

Plus the belt would really need doing sooner rather than later.

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 19:19

he's a sensible driver, he has the passenger side limiter laugh

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 20:35

Originally Posted By: couper
I had long chats with GK over my dad buying this car. Unfortunately my dad couldn't justify it with a recession, the government nicking cash left right and centre and garages full of cars already.

GK seems a top bloke thumb, the photos of his car look amazing rotate and it has a good receipted service history readit . Not a single stone chip on an 11 year old car!!!!! bow

If I could in any way afford 3 coupe's this is THE ONE I would have yes .

To me it seems pretty much the best car for sale at the moment!!!

The only cost is flying there, petrol and a ferry back. cool No more than £250.

GK I would be surprised if you would make alot breaking it, what with the low prices coupe's and coupe parts are fetching. Especially with the higher postage charges to england.

Don't break it shocked shocked shocked , its too good for that!!

£2,000 and it should sell like a hot cake! lick

soapbox Unfortunately people still make the mistake of buying on price not condition. crazy rolleyes banghead loser nono

Good Luck GK wave

Do you know if there are any other costs in getting a car from Ireland to the mainland? i'm wondering if the car will need an inspection and possibly registering costs with the DVLA maybe?

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 21:02

If you'd posted this up a week ago I would have been tempted to rejoin the Coupe fold ... half way through another deal though frown

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/10/2010 22:20

there are no hidden costs that I am aware of

When I brought her over from scotland I just had to notify dvlni and they issed a northern Ireland registration document

There's no inspection needed

It's just a quirk of the old northern Ireland government in 1921 that we have our own dvla over here

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 22/10/2010 10:29

pics sent as requested

the first to actually come and see this motor will have her home,of that I have no doubt

Re: 1999 20VT coupe- pampered low mileage standard car - 21/12/2010 10:30

i've imported a car from germany and all i had to do was get an english mot and then send of a registration document to the dvla, they send you a piece of paper with a reg on it and you take this to get your plates made up, simples :0) its so easy to do guys, i even insured it on the german plates(after getting uk mot)so i could drive it round whilst waiting for dvla to send reg
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK