Fiat Coupe Club UK

340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue

Posted By: Anonymous

340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 12:58

What's the engine issue and what's the link for the ad?

Re: 340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 13:08

sorry am too thick to work a link but if you go to the coops in pistonheads..you will see a scotts green 340bhp car very tidy with a big list of mods ..its advertised twice once at 2200 and once at 3600 one running well the other after throwing oil out of the breather and miss firing i bought it as an engine dead job

Re: 340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 14:00

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1788882.htm
Posted By: technics

Re: 340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 16:50

Did you buy it knowing it had the engine probably?

Also didnt you have another tuned coop before that went bang aswell?

Re: 340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 17:38

not quite.. i had a coupe built for me which didn't get out of the garage of the builder as it went on him..we sorted it out amicably and he fitted a replacement engine refitted all the mods and it made an excellent 358 bhp and was a good tight car..problem was i found it a bit too tame so i sold it to another forum member and now am building a bigger power job.. but although i bought the group buy forged pistons and rods i have had to agree to only spend the money i got for my old car £3500.. so my options were limited.
thats when i noticed this car on pistonheads (jamies from this forum) he sold it to a guy from the renault 182 sport forum who killed it he then advertised it as a possible complete engine failure..i bought it as a dud.and havent even tried to start as it doesn't matter
as you would imagine it was a right result for me as how i was going to build a fully forged 400+ car with all supporting engine mods,turbo ,suspension,brakes and the like was starting to look difficult when i hadn't even a car to start with..
this though has so many sensible mods its virtually complete, i could just put in a motor and go but i had planned to use my old engine (the 54k one from the first car that lost comp on a cylinder at the builders garage) having it bored for the 83ml hi comp accralites and rods i bought, balanced, built, fitted along with a 2871r mapped and job done fast car on small budget ..i even managed to secure a stage 2 barbz head that has yet to go on a car for a sum that fitted in my budget....
but...i was then offered something else along similar lines so i am testing the waters on this ..mainly people are asking me to break..i think i could sell most of it in the first 24hrs but it is such a tidy car and has had so much spent on it it would be a real shame to break it..the paintwork is not 100% as none really are but its the best i have yet seen bar edz i think

Re: 340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 17:56

Blimey, what a rollercoaster, the green one does look tidy, and does have soooo many mods, shame to break it, but like you say, if you did I think the parts would go quick!

358bhp tame! come on mate, if it was running sweet, thats a quick car, I understand how you can get use to the power quickly though.

Who bought the 358bhp one then?

Sorry if im clogging this thread up, and good luck with whatever happens on the build.

Re: 340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 19:46

yeah it has been a bit of a rollercoaster especially when the first one popped!..it was a quick car but like you say you get used to it quickly..with racing bikes and having been involved in all sorts of adrenaline sports and physical challenges i tend to get bored with things a bit quick if they don't "stir my juices" shall we say..it just isn't brutal enough..jbt his car is!.. but i have a compromise in so much as there is a money limit ..though i am doing the basics properly and when funds free up a little i can change turbo and mapping..there is also the fact first and foremost its a road car so i am drawn to the 2871.86 housing..i think that will do the trick
the guys name who bought mine is johnbgt byt or similar scottish guy

Re: 340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 22:17

Cool, good luck with everything mate.

Re: 340bhp coupe cheap as engine issue - 28/06/2010 23:48

thanks.. it was some of your posts and reading your stuff with the flea map that sent me on the rsr road but i think i would need to be forged and head cams etc to have got the performance you did which may have been enough for me ..i wouldnt mind a ride in yours at some point to see..
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK