Fiat Coupe Club UK

what do you think folks?

Posted By: Anonymous

what do you think folks? - 13/01/2009 06:02

hello forum .just bought this guys , im quite handy with the tools ,and fancied this as a hobby and runaround to work. realise im gonna have to spend a few quid on fixing her up but im relishing the challenge. seem to good to be true?ill soon find out.seller says engine turbo gearbox are sweet. ebay.co.uk ps i know the first photo is not the same car. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...:MEWN:IT&ih=012 and oh i forgot ,ive checked the oil pressure, and the handbrake.

Re: what do you think folks? - 13/01/2009 07:38

£255 \:o \:o

Change all of the belts asap , parts from http://www.alternativeautos.co.uk
Posted By: stan

Re: what do you think folks? - 13/01/2009 07:54

The MOT fail list looks interesting.....

1. Brake fluid low Check the clutch slave cylinder for leaks
2. Nearside front suspension arm deteriorated New wishbone required
3. Offside Macpeherson strut excessive movement new top mounts required
4. Offside front inner wheel arch subframe mount corroded Hmmm, interesting one!
5. Rear brakes - little effort Read the rear brake FAQ in the How-To section
6. Oil leak Gearbox or engine?
7. Wheel bolts missing on 2 wheels get new ones, but check the threads in the hubs!
8. Nearside front lamps not in good order replace
9. Nearside rear lamps not in good order replace
10. Nearside stop lamp not in order repair
11. Nearside front indicator not in good order replace
12. Windscreen washer not filled Derrr, refill it? \:D Could be leaking from pump or the box on top of the bottle
13. headlamps aimed to high. Easy, adjust them

Strange the way the seller listed the faults found at MOT but got the numbers on his list all wrong....made it look like there weren't too many faults, when in fact there was twice as many faults as he'd numbered.

The biggest one, I suspect, is the subframe mount at the front. Hopefully it's just a quick welding job and hopefully it's just common corrosion and not evidence of a botched crash repair.

Most of it looks like an easy fix, and most of the answers can be found in the How-To and Basic FAQ sections on the forum \:\)

Re: what do you think folks? - 15/01/2009 12:24

good buy!!

should keep you busy for a bit!!

Re: what do you think folks? - 15/01/2009 12:32

Also odd how the first photo isnt the same car as the rest of the photos.
Posted By: simonj

Re: what do you think folks? - 15/01/2009 13:58

Originally Posted By: Truffle
Also odd how the first photo isnt the same car as the rest of the photos.

Yes the main photo is an LE.

Re: what do you think folks? - 15/01/2009 15:24

feels good fixing car up when its all your hard work and time gone into it
Posted By: Lucifer

Re: what do you think folks? - 15/01/2009 16:06

I love the 'Scottishness' (if you pardon the expression!) of this sentence: "A BEAST AN A HALF FOR NAE VERY MUCH!!" \:D

Re: what do you think folks? - 15/01/2009 16:50

lol \:D

Re: what do you think folks? - 02/02/2009 18:55

A wee update regarding my progress. Managed to buy loads of parts for it off ebay and Maccess. cheap cheap cheap. There i was chuffed and about to start , when i realised the cheeky devil i bought it off took a red key off some other fiat and stuck it on the keyring. he also left a lovely sparkling locking wheel nut remover key in the tray only thing being it was probably found at a car boot sale. bit naughty i think.Cant drive the car to garage to remove wheels as he forgot to mention the sump has a hole in it!!
I then bought emergency wheel nut remover from Halfords and threads all sheared. ha ha Halfords. Tried bolt extractors and they stripped too. Decided to spend another 80 squids on joining the AA. they can take them out. Bit frustrated as i got all the bits i need but i cant even take the bloody wheels off and i said i was handy with the tools!!!!
oh the joys , i can see me and this wee fiat are gonna have some basil fawlty moments.
ps .Managed to source a sump off this forum from a fellow member and very reasonable too.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK