Fiat Coupe Club UK

Is this anyones on here?

Posted By: Anonymous

Is this anyones on here? - 31/01/2006 01:33

Hi all, I am another newbie, and have been browsing the site for a while anonymously. I am desperately trying to find a good coupe, preferably a 20vt LE, but a normal 20vt will be ok. I have seen this on Autotrader, and just wanted to know if it's anyones on here.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/car...rch_full=SEARCH

Its the one at the bottom of the page, silver 20vt 6 speed. Up for £5200.

Thanks guys, any help would be much appreciated.

Tim
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 31/01/2006 01:43

Not mine but seems a good price, best colour too!

There will probably be somebody from here willing to view this car with you if your unsure what to look out for

Worth a look but make sure he gives you 12mth's MOT if you buy it

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 31/01/2006 01:56

Plenty of great coops for sale on the forum well within your budget

Click Me

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 31/01/2006 18:00

Thanks Dan,

Will hoepfully get a look at it this weekend. have just PM Ijaz, as he has a RED LE for sale. But a bit concerned as it was a right of last year. :-(

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 31/01/2006 23:25

It was only a Cat-D write off though so that means it was only cosmetic damage and insurance policy wont be effected.

No need to be concerned really in my opinion.

Hope you find a good one soon and welcome to the forum by the way

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 01/02/2006 00:30

Cheers, I wasn't sure what Cat meant what. :-)

That has taken a bit of pressure of. Just hope he doesn't sell if before I take a look. One of the other chaps from here is going to be in Essex in a couple of weeks, so going to look at his, if I havn't got one then.

Cheers Dan, good to be a part of the forum. Just hope I will have my coupe soon, so I can start chatting about mods with you all!

:-)
Posted By: pinin_punk

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 02/02/2006 21:18

Tim

Ijaz's car should be a good buy from what I've seen on the pics and I've spoken to Ijaz and he seems like a sound bloke.

The only thing I would check is that your insurance will insure a Cat D write off. Some insurance companies won't touch write-offs no matter what level.... if you're starting with a new insurance company I would have thought you'd be able to find one who will cover it though

Best of luck with it
Posted By: pinin_punk

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 02/02/2006 21:24

BTW

Ijaz's car is a Plus not an LE. You'll need that for the insurance.

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 03/02/2006 01:02

Cheers for the advise. I am going to look at a LE next week in Cumbria. I like the look of Ijaz's car. But can get it insured with my insurer. Nevermind, hopefully have a coupe soon! :-)

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 03/02/2006 01:12

i wouldnt tell your insurance it was a write off. not worth bothering. i dont c a prob with them, all my cars are write offs i repair them with new parts get them motd, no probs. you wouldnt even know. especially a cat d. their nothing major to fix. most cars get wrote off coz of labour costs ne way.

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 03/02/2006 05:19

Quote:

i wouldnt tell your insurance it was a write off. not worth bothering. i dont c a prob with them, all my cars are write offs i repair them with new parts get them motd, no probs. you wouldnt even know. especially a cat d. their nothing major to fix. most cars get wrote off coz of labour costs ne way.

Id have to disagree. In my experience insuring a CAT D doesnt affect the cost of the policy so theres no point not declaring. If you hadnt declared the car to be a CAT D and you ever have to make a claim this may cause problems or void your insurance.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Is this anyones on here? - 03/02/2006 07:29

I would have thought your insurer would like to be informed that the car had previously been wrote off as the cost of repair was deemed to high to prove financially viable.
And they'll try *anything* to worm their way out of payment should the worst happen, it is, after all, their job.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK