Fiat Coupe Club UK

Help required

Posted By: Anonymous

Help required - 30/12/2014 10:28

Hi all, sorry for this being my first contribution but i could not find a "introduce yourself" thread.

Anyway, I am currently considering trading my 2009, 50.000km, 1.6 turbo, 155bhp car, for a 1999, 180.000km, 20v Plus, Coupé.

Firsts things first. Does this even make any sense?...

The Coupé is much older, somewhat poorer trim package and there will be no money involved, a pure trade.

Having said that, the Coupé is much powerful and acordding to seller, the engine has been forged 5000km ago, along with the cambelt work. Clutch was also changed and turbo refurbished, these last two I dunno how long ago. Recently fitted Potenza's and brake pads. Ink black with some visible scratches given the gorgeous metalic finishing.
The car has more creacks and squeaks than mine which is to be expected being much, much older and having made 4x the distance already.

My heart screams "Go for it!", my wallet says "Are you freakin' mad?!".

Few people around me even know I have been cosidering this trade because I know most would call me crazy and try to disencourage me and they would probably be right!

I love the fact the Coupé is a much rarer car on the road, mine is just too common, it is hard not to spot one or two in every parking lot to be honest.

I have been reading alot these last few days since I checked the Coupé in person, I did not drive it but I was driven in it, the seller only floored the gas pedal once, but what a beast that was, my internal organs got mushed against the seat!

On a side note, I believe the seller will also throw in an intercooler an exhaust which he was planning to install to extract power in the vicinity of the 400bhp, at least that was his plan, dunno why he changed is mind. That is not my plan, I would like to push it to that round figure of 300bhp but nothing above that, I am more of a torque guy more than a top spped junkie I confess.

I like the fact that he invested money on the car, total engine refurbish with forged pistons and rods and turbo overhaul with new rims and good rubber means to me that he cared for the car. He could have gone the cheap way.

Oh well. I would like to make a decision soon so I can stop thinking about it...
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Help required - 30/12/2014 15:28

Do you mean a year 2000 16 vt that you own? If so i would keep it.

Re: Help required - 30/12/2014 16:06

Not at all.

The deal is I trade my 2009 hothatch for the 1999 20v Turbo Plus. Pure trade deal, no money involved besdides paying for changing the vehicles titles current owners.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Help required - 30/12/2014 18:36

Get the coupe.

Re: Help required - 31/12/2014 20:12

Get the coupe you wont regret it, I hope hahaaa.

Re: Help required - 04/01/2015 14:28

So, despite not getting many feedback, I ended up getting the coupe, it is currently waiting for insurance to be ready, which will happen sometime during tomorrow. In the meanwhile it is currently resting indoors.

First impressions are good wink

Re: Help required - 04/01/2015 20:40

thumb good move .
Posted By: Burbum123

Re: Help required - 05/01/2015 22:05

Originally Posted By: nismo
thumb good move .

2nd that get the coupe

Re: Help required - 23/11/2015 19:19

And now you've owned it a few months? How are you feeling? How's the wallet feeling too ha ha
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK