Fiat Coupe Club UK

Fuel Pump Mod Question Again

Posted By: Anonymous

Fuel Pump Mod Question Again - 14/11/2015 14:22

Fuel pump stops working and starts again when it feels like it.
i cannot hear it trying to prime when it does not start, i have done yellow connector mod, and changed relays more than once, if it was fuel pump would this just fail and hear no priming?
and with the fuel pump mod with relay do you still use the old wires that feed the live to the pump or just use the new live direct from battery,
be nice if someone had a close close picture to where wires are joined to pump.
and any other reason than above why this happens. thanks
Posted By: H_R

Re: Fuel Pump Mod Question Again - 14/11/2015 14:57

The old wires are used to operate a new relay that feeds the fuel pump using the new supply direct from the battery!
This means you still have control from the ecu and safety cutout too if wired correctly and also means any problems you have with your original circuit could still prevent the pump from running

The areas to check are the yellow connector, fuse, relay inertia switch and connector on fuel pump I know you said you have changed relay did you check for any voltage?

Don't have experience of a failed pump but could be poor connection there!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fuel Pump Mod Question Again - 14/11/2015 15:27

thanks for you quick reply,
AA fella said it was fuel pump so i have ordered one!!!
in simple terms please,
where is the relay inertia switch, and how do i check voltage at relay?
MOT due friday and where i live in London i know being on road someone will scan it and find its run out.
thanks
again
Posted By: Per

Re: Fuel Pump Mod Question Again - 16/11/2015 02:35

Where is it earthed/grounded? In some "how-to's" the earth is wrongly pointed to the bumper fixing bolts, which would be earth only by luck.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK