Fiat Coupe Club UK

Any Coupe owners near Woodley, Reading ?

Posted By: Anonymous

Any Coupe owners near Woodley, Reading ? - 28/06/2009 21:02

Hello been lurking for ages now looking for the right coop.
Big question is ive just moved to a new house and not sure whether it will go up the drive as there's a very steep drive.

My brother in laws corsa gsi thingy would go up the drive and thats with a standard front bumper.

Just asking if anyone is local to me to see if a standard coupe would go up the drive. Free brew for anyone who could help out as its an expensive gaff if the car would't go up the drive!!!

cheers

MOOSE
Posted By: lilolee

Re: Any Coupe owners near Woodley, Reading ? - 02/07/2009 21:26

Mmm, I'm not the best one to ask as mine is slightly lowered by an inch, which make the speed bumps in Maidenhead feel like Everest.

Re: Any Coupe owners near Woodley, Reading ? - 02/07/2009 21:38

In my experience, it's if the road dips before you mount the drive that seems to matter. Mine hits the front bumper on the way in and out of the work's drive unless I go in at an angle, hence making the wheel the first thing to reach the road on the way out
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Any Coupe owners near Woodley, Reading ? - 02/07/2009 21:40

I've got my Coop back on the road and might be able to help but mine is lowered a bit too frown Got any pics of the drive?

Re: Any Coupe owners near Woodley, Reading ? - 02/07/2009 22:02

i would help out but mine is also lowered.If you have no luck then measure the approach angle of the drive and if someone on here could measure the approach angle on a standard coupe you will have your answer.

Re: Any Coupe owners near Woodley, Reading ? - 03/07/2009 09:19

Sadly I think I know this...the front end (with LE lips) is 5 1/2 inches and the distance between the lips (furthest point) and the tyre is 26 inches. So cut a bit of card board out...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK