Fiat Coupe Club UK

Aftermarket exhaust manifold

Posted By: Paul124

Aftermarket exhaust manifold - 15/08/2023 04:33

Hi all,

Hello from down under. In Perth, Western Australia. 1 of only 2 coupe owners in the state.
Been a long time member but infrequent contributor.

Have a 1997 20VT. Not a daily user but goes on club runs and display days. Always been a good reliable car and great fun to drive.

Car is in at mechanics to fix a few oil leaks and replace all the oil, water and air hoses with silicon.
Used the Flexeo ones. Good to deal with and prompt delivery to Australia.

But have discovered the dreaded exhaust manifold crack.

Nothing like that available in the Australian market with only about 10 to 15 Coupes in the whole country.

Anybody have any recommendations for the best supplier or manufacturer for an aftermarket replacement?
Preferably something that might be off the shelf as the mechanic doesn't want the car in the workshop for to long. And freight to Oz can take at least a week.

Doesn't have to be a high performance option, just for future reliability. To fit an airconditioned car.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Attached picture 20vtexmanifold.jpg
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Aftermarket exhaust manifold - 15/08/2023 07:14

Probably best to drop Joe @ FCSS a message and he might be able to help, although he is temporarily closed - https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum...8-2023-fcss-temporary-closed#Post1666929

I wouldn't bother with any of the tubular manifolds that you can find on eBay, as you'll be back into your mechanic in short time having the manifold replaced.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Aftermarket exhaust manifold - 15/08/2023 08:36

Do not go down the road of an aftermarket manifold as Begbie has pointed out. Others on here including myself invested in a stainless steel jobby only to fall to bits not long after. cry
Posted By: Paul124

Re: Aftermarket exhaust manifold - 15/08/2023 09:10

Thanks for the info on the tubular ones. There was a German site on Ebay listing one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/332567745419
but not sure what the feedback was on these ones.
I have sent a message to Joe at FCSS.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Aftermarket exhaust manifold - 16/08/2023 07:34

The welding looks okay on that, but wouldn't take the chance. Just get a re-welded exhaust manifold from Joe and you should be good for quite a while
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Aftermarket exhaust manifold - 16/08/2023 11:41

Originally Posted by Begbie
The welding looks okay on that, but wouldn't take the chance. Just get a re-welded exhaust manifold from Joe and you should be good for quite a while

I would agree with Begbie 100%
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Aftermarket exhaust manifold - 18/08/2023 07:38

Originally Posted by Paul124
Thanks for the info on the tubular ones. There was a German site on Ebay listing one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/332567745419
but not sure what the feedback was on these ones.
I have sent a message to Joe at FCSS.

Paul check your PM's on here, flashing white envelope top right.

Emailed tracking details keep getting bounced back as untrusted.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK