Fiat Coupe Club UK

Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus...

Posted By: DaveG

Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 13:37

After owning my very early Porto 20vt for nearly 20 years, I thought I ought to get another one. I had been half thinking of getting a black LE, and have looked at several over the years, but never made the plunge.

And then along came that Pearl White Plus on eBay. After the initial frenzy had died down, I went to view the car and ended up buying it last week, after the winning ebay bidder turned out to be a waste of time, and after some negotiation on price. The seller is a forum member who rarely if ever posts, but between him and his wife they have owned several Coupes over the years, and I felt very comfortable buying from him in person - it's the only way to buy a car really.

It's now over with Joe at FCSS for the engine repair, pretty straightforward stuff, so I won't be starting a "project" thread just yet, but may post up some pics when I have any...
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 14:08

Congratulations Dave - glad a true enthusiast like yourself has secured the holy grail of Coupes ! smile
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 14:29

I still can't make my mind up whether I like the colour or not chinny
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 14:47

Hmm.. I happened to see this the other day. Im unsure too but certainly a very unique colour for sure
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 15:45

Congratulations Dave yes yes
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 16:04

Well done Dave, surprising to read the winning bidder was a waste of time laugh

I like the colour personally, saw one at Motormech many years ago. Anyway, it's gotta be better than Porto wink

You'll need to start a project thread, people want to know about this one, you have no say in the matter thumb
Posted By: Dan

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 16:14

I love the colour. Would be even better if it was a slightly cooler white like the GTA pearl white though.

Hope the engine work isn't too costly.

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 16:49

Cheers all, I thought I'd better put up a signature, perhaps my car buying is getting out of hand?
Posted By: JKD

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 16:52

Jay Leno, is that you?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 17:04

Good stuff Dave, looking forward to seeing pics in its new surroundings - just not snow please laugh
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 20/12/2016 17:11

Good effort Dave !
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 21/12/2016 00:52

Well done Dave smile
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 21/12/2016 08:28

Nice work Dave.

I've updated your permissions so you can go ahead and post into the projects area smile
Posted By: dibbers

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 21/12/2016 17:59

brilliant news it remains a forum car! out of interest, was there any backstory as to how a RHD Plus landed in the UK?

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 21/12/2016 19:46

Well it has been a forum car for a good 10 years, but owned by a "sleeping" member...

AFAIK it was a special order in Germany but to UK spec with RHD and speedo in mph, quite a few cars were ordered like that by members of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, which then made their way to the UK, they don't have the security etching on the glass like "official" UK cars do. The first owner traded it in for a Brera at a garage that was local to the guy I bought it from: his wife had it for 5 years and it then passed to the previous owner, and between him and his wife they had owned several Coupes over the years. They're currently on a TT sabatical but may return to the Coupe fold...
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 21/12/2016 21:50

I took a few cheeky snaps Dave if you want them up. Thought I may never see another pearly white so took the opportunity
Posted By: Thunderbox

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 22/12/2016 14:06

Congratulations DaveG- a fabulous and rare colour! If yours is a Germany order and RHD I also have one (although in Moon Grey). Mine was imported through DTR Sportscars when they were in Mortlake by the level crossing. I regret not paying the extra £349 for pearl white but probably not the extra £419 for a sunroof- given the aggro most have had over the ensuing years.

I look forward to seeing it- maybe at Horsham Piazza?

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 22/12/2016 20:03

I think you've made a wise investment there Dave thumb
Glad to see it stay within the "fold" smile
I too would love to see it over the Easter Weekend at Piazza Italia 2017.........

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 23/12/2016 00:33

@coupedummy, yes why not post them up

@thunderbox/pondman I would have come to Piazza Italia in 2016 but was away that weekend, when is it in 2017?
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 23/12/2016 00:44

Easter Monday Dave.

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 23/12/2016 21:28

Nice one Dave - looking forward to seeing more photos of that thumb
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 28/12/2016 12:38

Nice car Dave- nice to be different!

And like all - looking forward to hearing and see more of her.

The white inside next to the white dials-very different!

And the last picture on f.c.s.s- the poor compression test result from Joe's equipment...been there and done that-your in safe hands getting her sorted!

MM

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 31/01/2017 09:59

Junk those front discs Dave, they're the main reason the brakes are making that horrid noise as they're Mintex I think sick

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 31/01/2017 12:38

You may be right (of course), I will probably go for MTec grooved as I normally do, the current plain discs look naked! What are the options these days to try to match OE drilled?

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 31/01/2017 13:06

I will have stock of OE cross drilled the middle of next month Dave, price to be confirmed so it'll depend on what weight I'll be bringing back.
Posted By: neil_r

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 31/01/2017 15:47

All this talk of white coupes in Germany, I was surprised at the asking price of good coupes now:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search...PowerAsArray=KW
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 02/02/2017 06:22

There's a similar trend in the U.K. But the increase is relative to the rock bottom prices of 2-3 years ago.

Will there be any pictures of Daves car?

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 02/02/2017 08:58

Whilst we wait for Daves photos - from neil's link love

Pearly Plus
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 02/02/2017 09:28

Wonderful!
Posted By: Clintos

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 02/02/2017 09:41

Originally Posted By DaveG
After owning my very early Porto 20vt for nearly 20 years, I thought I ought to get another one. I had been half thinking of getting a black LE, and have looked at several over the years, but never made the plunge.

And then along came that Pearl White Plus on eBay. After the initial frenzy had died down, I went to view the car and ended up buying it last week, after the winning ebay bidder turned out to be a waste of time, and after some negotiation on price. The seller is a forum member who rarely if ever posts, but between him and his wife they have owned several Coupes over the years, and I felt very comfortable buying from him in person - it's the only way to buy a car really.

It's now over with Joe at FCSS for the engine repair, pretty straightforward stuff, so I won't be starting a "project" thread just yet, but may post up some pics when I have any...

I seen this in the flesh when I visited FCSS just before Xmas and collected my Chrono from Joe...............lovely colour and will look even better once Joe has cast his magic wand over it. thumb
Posted By: neil_r

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 02/02/2017 14:14

Originally Posted By Nello
Whilst we wait for Daves photos - from neil's link love

Pearly Plus

That left rear quarter panel paint looks a rather different shade frown

Re: Was thinking of a black LE but got a white Plus... - 02/02/2017 16:27

Love it Dave! Never did see a white one in the flesh, have fun with it.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK