Fiat Coupe Club UK

What is the code attached to the key for ?

Posted By: Yann

What is the code attached to the key for ? - 01/11/2015 18:44

Hi,

When I bought my Coupe, I saw there were three little plates attached to one of the keys. I thought it could be lied to the alarm that was installed to the car (but removed by one of the numerous owners), and non stock.

But I saw on a eBay a picture with a similar plate on a key...
click to enlarge
Is this the key code ? I thought it was on a card... And the code starts with a letter then 4 numbers.

Thanks.
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: What is the code attached to the key for ? - 01/11/2015 19:30

Do you know?

I had a code on bit of metal like that dangling from a Bravo 155 20v set of keys that I had once.

I had always taken it to be some mechanical reference associated with the lock mechanism.

Perhaps that is none sense...
Posted By: jarofjam

Re: What is the code attached to the key for ? - 01/11/2015 21:12

Hi,
i think it is a Fiat cutting code ,if you want a new "uncodeed" key.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: What is the code attached to the key for ? - 01/11/2015 21:48

Yes, that's the "mechanical" code for the door locks.

The Fiat CODE card is blue plastic card like a credit card and contains the 4 digit code that is sent from the yellow CODE box to the engine ECU to allow starting (or allow bypassing of the CODE immobiliser if faulty) and also has the mechanical key code for the locks. These CODE cards were not normally supplied by Fiat UK to owners "at the behest of the insurance companies" (according to the owner's handbook).

A third type of code card is red in colour and is supplied with the Meta alarm system, but I'm not sure what info it contains.
Posted By: Yann

Re: What is the code attached to the key for ? - 02/11/2015 22:28

Thanks for the info guys !
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: What is the code attached to the key for ? - 03/11/2015 10:14

I was right!

The intuition from owning 15 FIATs has not gone nowhere...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK