Fiat Coupe Club UK

2014 Fiat Nationals - Australia

Posted By: Possum

2014 Fiat Nationals - Australia - 13/01/2014 08:01

This coming weekend I'm off to Sydney to attend the 50th Anniversary running of the Fiat Nationals.

Have a look at www.fiatnationals.com/

Should see some Coupes there as Wazza is one of the officials. Was planning to take my Coupe on the 950km each way drive, but last month it had the front end slightly modified by a woman reversing up a street and into the front of my Coupe. At least it still drives and the bonnet opens and closes OK. I'm sharing a ride with a couple of mates in an Abarth 500 Essesse and am looking forward to the trip.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2014 Fiat Nationals - Australia - 13/01/2014 08:49

Enjoy Possum, looks good smile
Bad new re re-styling of your coop frown will you be able to get the parts required to fix it easily confused

Re: 2014 Fiat Nationals - Australia - 13/01/2014 09:34

Thanks Pondman. The bonnet should be able to be repaired if a replacement cannot be found either in NZ or UK. A fibreglass one is an option.

Bumper may need replacement? OS fog light and NS headlight will also need replacement.

The weather forecast for southern Australia is looking rather warm (bloody hot) for the weekend though.
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: 2014 Fiat Nationals - Australia - 13/01/2014 13:06

Looks Good smile

Restyling is never pleasant...

Send some sun this way please!

Re: 2014 Fiat Nationals - Australia - 21/01/2014 00:12

Back from Sydney after attending the Fiat Nationals. A bit hot on Saturday for the Motorkhana and Show and Shine but dropped to around 30 on Sunday for the Supersprints.

Great to see 3 Coupes participating, the first Coupes that I have seen for several years. (I know, I should get out more!)

One of the highlights for me was seeing a 20vt track car giving a V8 Monaro a "hurry up on the track".

It was good to have a few visitors from "across the ditch" (New Zealand) present.

There are only Facebook photos up so far, will post the link to the webpage gallery when they are up.

The trip down and back with 3 of us in an Abarth 500 Essesse was great. Came home in 10 1/2 hours driving time, should be quicker when all the road works are finished. Highway patrols and fixed speed cameras are very prolific though.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2014 Fiat Nationals - Australia - 21/01/2014 04:59

So "Cousin Graeme" and his "Uncle Warren" had a little family reunion then? laugh

Good to see such a well organised event being attended by many.
Now fill that Coupé of yours and Uncle Warrens up and head out to Turin driving
website

Re: 2014 Fiat Nationals - Australia - 21/01/2014 06:09

Hi Alesi,
Uncle Warren and I even spoke of you over the weekend and how you were urging him to travel to Europe for the celebrations later in the year.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK